Monday, January 09, 2006

yummy crafting


Some tastey treats ( is that how you spell tastey?!? look wierd! ) Anyhows some food stuff I made, mmm last year now! Apple jelly and rosemary vinegar, both delicious, not really sure how often I shall be using the vinegar but ya never know! Apples from my ma and pas garden and rosemary from mine. With the allotment, I have often got plenty surplus veg etc and last year made a few chutneys etc, this year I hope to do more. Also I hope to use more herbs from the garden, I do use them fresh but I want to get into the whole drying thing. Anyhows just some of my thought for this year, not amazingly exiting granted, I wonder if I'll actually do it???? we shall see!

Also wanted to say thanks for all the comments about my crimbo pressies! really lovely to read peoples kind and encouraging comments, thanks x

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always plan to make things from my garden, but never get around to it. Good on you for actually doing it.

8:34 pm  
Blogger Frances said...

I love rosemary - it's hardy and useful. Apparently witches always grew it by the back door to keep away bad spirits!

11:31 pm  
Blogger Handmade Girl said...

You can use rosemary vinegar with other herbs to marinate chicken or other meats (if you eat meat?). yummy!

1:09 am  
Blogger Shell said...

Ooh, lovely. I sometimes make my own vinegars and oils with herbs and chillis from the garden. You have to use them as they are really yummy! I love using produce from the garden - it's the best way to feel all wholesome.

5:20 am  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Hallo,
the apple Jelly is a gorgeous colour, it almost glows. I like your label too, did you make it?

4:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It tasted fantastic too, says M's dad.

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home