Monday, October 03, 2005

Owls aplenty!!



At the weekend we went to the bird of prey centre nesr here! I had adopted Steve a Tawny Owl for his B'day ( due to the fantasic saving of one on his way to work, horrah!! ) It was soooo brilliant, a really lovely chilly yet sunny autumn day, they where all teathered and in aviarys but at certain times they flew the birds. Luckily enough we were there when they flew the owls, there's just something about owls, so gorgeous! The photos above are from when they flew, they were so close, we had to duck alot of the time!! Stan loved it, he was asleep when they started flying and woke up with a barn out right next to his buggie, how cool would that be!! He really loved it, watching them fly up and down, brilliant. I was so inspired, that evening I made an owl patch, which is kinda lucky as my cords have just gone through the knee, gggrrrrr.
And on a scarily early festive note, I made this santa type snow angely type thing!?!? I kinda like it, it is stuffed but is quite small, I might make another that can hang on the tree!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:53 am  
Blogger Frances said...

I love owls...those pics are great...made my day.

12:25 am  
Blogger Samantha said...

Love the little Santa - very cute!

9:09 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

The owl pictures are amazing!!

12:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute. They would look great on the Christmas tree.

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home