Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Its finished......... but is it??



Here's a painting that I have had on the go for a while now! It is fairly big and took quite a while, including times when I wasn't sure about it so didn't do any for ages. But now I think it's finished! Well I think so..... yes it is.... it's finished!! I know it looks like a load of outlines but thats how I wanted it to be, somedays I'm sure its finished and others I'm not sure if i should fill it in?!?!? Today is the day though that I decide it is finished!!! and it shall be hung in stans room! Horrah!! I'm going to start another one of a ladybird and play about with filling it in with colour.
I also bought some scraps of fabric from 'Sunflower fabrics' up the road from me, heres there web site! http://www.sunflowerfabrics.com/ They had a sale on some fabric scraps and sold them by weight!! So I bought these, my favourite is the one on the right, but what shall I do with them. Thinking caps on!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely painting, that's a really interesting concept.
Lovely fabrics too, what about a patchwork scarf with beads and sequins ??

10:22 pm  
Blogger Handmade Girl said...

I love your painting, Mandy! The style is so original...
by the way... I added another post about cooking tofu cause you asked about it in your comment... just to let you know...
I love that fabric, too. I would just keep it and stare at it. I am a fabric hoarder.

1:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the style of your painting. I agree that you should leave it in a line-form. I really love the way it looks just as it is!
The fabric on the right is also my favorite! So wonderful. Do you have any specific plans for it? I can't wait to see what it will become!

3:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painting in fab. Better than some in The Tate. X

9:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always so very hard to tell when a painting is finished isn't it? I'm always fighting the impulse to keep going at it until I have a mess! I think you made the right decision, it's beautiful!

3:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your painting...its gorgeous!

10:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home